I had several emails over the weekend. I wouldn’t exactly call them abusive, more desperate really, all demanding that I share the secrets of Eve Lom’s brilliant, complexion-curing facial massage immediately – or even sooner if possible. Well, I was going to give you next weekend’s winning lottery numbers today but if you’d rather, here goes…
A word of warning first, however, this massage is worryingly straightforward. If, like me, you were brought up catholic, it is difficult to believe in any miracle that doesn’t involve a 24-hour flogging, the wearing of a cripplingly unfashionable hair shirt or at the very least the appearance of stigmata on your palms and feet that bear an uncanny resemblance to Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act but trust me, this works.. so long as you do it consistently for a couple of weeks.
- Using the second fingertips of both hands apply light pressure to the point just behind your ears, slowly circulating down to the collar bone. Repeat three times.
- Line up the four fingertips of both hands at the centre of the forehead, press gently and hold for five seconds. Gradually, work out to the sides. Repeat three times.
- Place all four fingertips of both hands underneath the eyes, apply light pressure and hold for five seconds, slowly work down to the jawline. Repeat three times.
- Place the first two fingertips of both hands above the lips, press gently and hold for five seconds, working to the corners of the mouth. Guess how many times you have to do this. Four? Go forth and flagellate, stupid.
- Place all four fingertips of both hands just underneath the cheek bones, apply gentle pressure for five seconds and gradually work down and out to the sides. Repeat three times.
- Fan fingertips along the jawline, starting at the centre of the chin, press gently and hold for five seconds and moving out to the ears. Repeat three times then say three Hail Marys… only kidding. Above is a picture of the Spa at Galgorm in Northern Ireland, one of the hotels that features Eve Lom facials.